...Yes, something as simple as that. I know, sounds bizarre doesn't it? How could a piece of cheese stop a new product going to market? But it did. As I said, I'd done a whole lot of research which included the fact that some people may have an allergic reaction to propolis which naturally occurs in beeswax. I'd never heard of such a thing before my research and thought nothing of it, until our daughter, Sophie, ate some of the cheese we'd been photographing. We know she has a reaction to nuts, but beeswax wraps?!? Luckily the reaction wasn't severe, but it made me question what I was doing. If what I was producing harmed my daughter, I certainly wasn't going to put others in the same position and so it was back to the drawing board. More research, more testing, more time, more money. It was a pain starting from scratch and a worry that finances wouldn't stretch, but I knew I couldn't progress with a product I didn't have total confidence in; and so the vegan option was explored - and what an eye-opener that was! This is going to sound ridiculously ignorant to vegans reading this, but among the many things I learned on my journey is that propolis is off-limits as it's an animal by-product - I had no idea! It would seem that some other wrap producers are of the same mind, in that they claim their beeswax wraps are vegan - I'm so glad not to be making that faux pas - all thanks to a bit of cheese!